Upper Seti river rafting
Our Upper Seti Rafting trip is a fantastic half day run, just 30 minutes from Lakeside Pokhara. A must on anyone’s list when kayaking in Nepal. Short and sweet, there are continuous rapids for over 40 minutes, we can even fit in 2 runs if your up for it!
The Upper Seti is one of the shortest and sweetest river trips that we offer. In half a day it has the same amount of rapids on offer as the Kaligandaki does in 3 days! Seti means ‘white’ as this is the color the water runs due to the nonstop rapids. Watch out for ‘Landslide’ rapid…it’s a monster!
Great for those short of time looking for a quick adrenaline rush out of Pokhara
You will need to be a solid Grade III paddler to take on this river. Depending on the time of year it might be necessary to scout a few of the rapids. A great warm up in the Pokhara area before you tackle more complex rivers like the Madi or Modi. We run the Upper Seti as part of our famous 9 days Multi River Kayak Expedition.
III+ / IV
1/2 day. 90 minutes adventure ride!
Returns : Hotel Crown, Lakeside, Pokhara.
To: The Dam (20 minute drive back to Pokhara)
Volume in November : 20cms (700 cfs)
US$60 / GB£46 per person
Our journey begins at 9am from lakeside Pokhara. It is a short 30 minute drive to the start of this rafting adventure. The Upper Seti offers a short and sweet wild steep ride, with continuous Grade III/IV rapids. When the water is low, it can feel like a game of pin ball as you bounce off the rocks, but it’s a great trip for those wanting a quick taste of whitewater in Nepal if you don’t have enough time for an expedition trip.
- All staff, including highly qualified & licensed Guides and professional Safety Kayakers all fluent in English and holding up to date First Aid Qualifications.
- Transportation to and from the river by bus.
- All equipment, including PFD’s, helmets, dry tops, throw bags, dry bags, pelican boxes, wetsuits, paddles, etc all at international standards and regularly checked.
- If you are kayaking with us, kayak hire is also included in the cost. See which kayaks we have here.
- Extensive medical kit.
- Trip photos *make sure you bring a USB stick along with you.