Family Rafting Adventures
- Fun for the whole family
- A great overnight camping experience
- Outstanding scenery and wildlife viewing opportunities
Whitewater rafting is a great way to spend time with your family. No matter what your age, you are never too young or too old to join in and it's an activity you can do together and all get joy from. rafting is for the WHOLE family! In today's world, there's not many opportunities where you can play all day in the river, enjoying some gentle rapids, eating delicious food, enjoying nature and end the day with an open campfire roasting marshmallows!
The Trisuli offers the perfect whitewater rafting adventure in Nepal for families. Over one or two days depending on your time constraints, we can take you on an adventure your children will never forget.
The Trisuli is a perfect river due to it's pool drop nature. The rapids are big, but there are very few rocks making it safe for even young children to enjoy.
We have child sized life jackets and helmets available to keep your children safe, and our guides have experience working with children.
The youngest child we have taken is 4, but it will depend on the time of year (for example, monsoon is off limits!!) and you individual child. A sense of adventure and confidence is a must!
Older children are welcome to join other rafting trips as well. Email us for more detailed information on your specific requirements as a family. view a detailed itinerary below.
Rafters need no previous experience to raft the Trisuli. Everybody is welcome to come and experience Nepal's river life.
Your children can even have a go at kayaking from the safety of our swimming pool. The area just outside of our camp is like a lake, so they can also have a supervised paddle here.
Departs : GRG Office, Kathmandu at 6.30am or from Pokhara on request
From : Chauraudi. To : Buttar.
Oct-Nov or end of March - June
Please contact us for group family prices
We will meet at 6.30am in Thamel, Kathmandu and drive around 3 1/2 hours to our put in point, Chauraudi. Here we will have time to get changed, you will be given your equipment, your children will be fitted with their correctly fitted helmet and life jacket and you will make your way to the beach. Here you will be given a comprehensive safety briefing... then, we're off!! The day starts off quite gentle with a few Grade II rapids to get you going. Your children will love it! On the flatter sections of the river, there are chances for you all to get our of the raft and swim, or take a ride on the back of one of the safety kayakers!
We will stop for lunch on a quiet beach before we take on the 5 biggest rapids of the day. And then its a 20 minute flat paddle to our camp.
Here you will be shown to your tents, offered a hot drink and shown around. You can spend the evening playing on our private beach, roasting marshmallows around the campfire and enjoying the peace and tranquility of our tented camp. An early night ready for tomorrows whitewater rafting adventure.
We will be up with the sun and served a veritable feast! Eggs, sausage, bacon and toast should be enough to get your ready for the day ahead!
The rapids are slighlty more gentle today which gives us a chance to play some raft games, play with the kayaks and enjoy the scenery.
After around 3 hours in the raft it's time to take out. We'll give you a cup of tea and send you on your way with memories that will last a lifetime!
- All staff, including highly qualified & licensed Guides and professional Safety Kayakers all fluent in English and holding up to date First Aid.
- All camping equipment including toilet tents, shelters, air mattresses, sleeping bags, tarps, personal tents etc. No additional charge for sleeping bag hire.
- All meals and water whilst on the river. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and juice will also be provided. Read our FAQ to see what tasty treats we will serve you.
- Transportation to and from the river by bus. Optional private transportation on request.
- All equipment, including PFD's, helmets, dry tops, throw bags, dry bags, pelican boxes, wet suits, paddles, etc all at international standards and regularly checked.
- River permits.
- Extensive medical kit.
- Trip photos *make sure you bring a USB stick along with you.